2018 Membership Renewal Instructions
New Members | Candidates
1. Click on the “Online Membership Application Form”
2. Membership application form will appear with mandatory fields with a drop down menu to select (First year student, Second year student, Third year student).
3. Confirm membership level amount then click on “Confirm and Proceed with Payment” with a credit card.
4. Credit card information must be identical to your mailing address on file with your credit card provider. Contact your credit card provider to confirm your mailing address.
5. Contact the OATA Secretary with questions at email@example.com.
6. Contact the OATA technical support line for assistance at (905) 946-8080*.
Existing Members | Candidates1. Login with your username and password
2. Click on “View profile page”
3. Proceed in updating your membership profile page. This page will appear with mandatory fields. A member will not be fully renewed unless their membership profile is updated.
4. Confirm profile page information then click on the button “Update and next”. (An invoice should be automatically be generated for the member to pay dues. This eliminates preparing manual invoices/duplicate invoices). Do not make a manual invoice. If no invoice is present contact the OATA Secretariat Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
5. Confirm membership level amount then click on “Confirm and Proceed with Payment” with a credit card.
6. Credit card information must be identical to your mailing address on file with your credit card provider.
7. Contact the OATA technical support line for further assistance at (905) 946-8080*.
Third or fourth year students who complete and pass the CATA certification exam will receive an email from the Board Secretary once their membership level has been updated to "Certified". The Secretary will make this change once a confirmed list of members is received from the CATA. Once your level has been changed you can then go online and follow the renewal steps to pay your membership dues. If you are certified but your membership has not yet been changed, please contact support at email@example.com.
Existing Members | Certified
I N A C T I V E*1. Login with your username and password
2. Click on “View profile page”
3. A Certified member who wishes to change their membership status to Inactive status must provide a petition to become inactive to the OATA Secretary by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at (905) 946-1517 or by regular mail to:
Ontario Athletic Therapist Association
60 Columbia Way, Suite 280
Markham ON L3R 0C9
There is a $50 fee associated with this petitioning process. Your petition will be reviewed by the OATA Secretary and the Board Members for approval. If approved, you will be instructed by e-mail to pay the inactive membership dues of $132.78 (HST Incl.). Please note that you will also be required to petition the Board again when reinstating. If that petition is approved by the Board the fee payable for reinstatement is $100. As well, a member may request inactive membership for no less than 6 months and no greater than 12 months.
To be reinstated back as an active member, please fill out and send the OATA Petition for Reinstatement Inactive Form to the OATA secretary through the same process as above (same as petitioning to be inactive).
4. Proceed in updating your membership profile page. The mandatory registration renewal form will appear in your membership profile. Please complete prior to proceeding to payment. A member who by-passes the registration renewal form and proceeds to payment will not be deemed to have successfully completed the full registration renewal. Again, registration renewal is a two-step process. Both steps are mandatory. Payment without completion of the registration form is an incomplete renewal.
5. Confirm profile page information then click on the button “Update and next”. (An invoice will automatically be generated for the member to process payment. This eliminates preparing manual invoices/duplicate invoices).
6. Confirm membership level amount then click on “Confirm and Proceed with Payment” with a credit card.
7. Credit card information must be identical to your mailing address on file with your credit card provider.
8. Contact the OATA technical support line for further assistance at (905) 946-8080*.
*Members should be aware that the Association is not an employer and therefore does not offer Maternity/Paternity leave. A member may request Inactive membership for no less than 6 months and no greater than 12 months.
Our goal is keeping ATs active and practising at the leading-edge of rehabilitation health science.
INACTIVE FEE COMPARISON
OATA Membership size does not permit a greater discount on the Inactive Member fee or allows us to waive Administration fees.
Terms and Conditions of the OATA Membership
I understand that I must notify the Association in writing within fourteen days of any change of location of practice or principal location of practice, business name of practice, business telephone number, email address or principal residence.
I hereby certify that all statements I have made in all parts of this registration renewal form are true and complete. (Please note that submitting a renewal application that you know provides false or misleading information is professional misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.)
I acknowledge that it is professional misconduct to practise Athletic Therapy while holding Inactive certification or when suspended. I acknowledge that I cannot use the title Athletic Therapist (AT) while holding Inactive Certification or when suspended. I acknowledge it may be considered insurance fraud to treat someone as an Athletic Therapist during Inactive or suspended status and/or to bill under another heath care provider or service code.
Line 212 - Annual union, professional, or like dues
You can claim the following amounts related to your employment that you paid (or that were paid for you and included in your income) in the year:
Initial Late Fee
Candidates and Certified Members who do not pay their Membership fees prior to January 1st will be charged a $50.00 late fee.
Lockout Stage One
February 16 to March 30
A $25.00 fee per month is added to each outstanding invoice and those members are moved to the “Suspended” category with limited access to online membership.
Lockout Stage Two
March 31 to the next renewal period
The “Suspended” members will have no access to the website. They will need to download and complete a “Petition for Reinstatement” form (second link under "Suspended Members - Petition for Reinstatement" heading). The fee for reinstatement is $25.00. The complete form must be submitted to the OATA Secretariat Services for Board approval.
Petition for Reinstatement
To be reinstated as a member in good standing of the OATA, the OATA Bylaws require that you petition the Board of Directors.